It is with great heartache that we share news of the devastation that has occurred in Napa and Sonoma County this week. One of the most beautiful places in the world was swept by raging wildfires. Not only does our Northern California family at Pacific Union International have offices located in the wine region, but many associates have been directly impacted by the devastation. Thousands of homes and businesses have been destroyed in what is now proclaimed as the deadliest wildfire in state history.
“Our hearts are heavy with the personal grief, property loss, and the discomfort that our Wine Country team is experiencing due to the continuing hardship of the Napa and Sonoma County fires,” remarked Pacific Union CEO Mark McLaughlin. Partners Trust CEO Nick Segal recently returned from San Francisco where he witnessed the fires first hand as he left the area. “Some of us returning home today are witness to the devastation that still has a stranglehold on Napa and Sonoma,” Nick shares, “In the spirit of partnership, I ask that we assist as we are able at this time.”
How You Can Help
We at Partners Trust are rallying behind our Wine Country colleagues in this time of need. If you would like to show your support, here are a few ways in which you can help:
- Checks may be sent and made out to “Pacific Union,” with the memo field on the bottom left of the check noting “Wine Country Fund.” Checks may be addressed to Pacific Union, 3333 Mendocino Ave. #220, Santa Rosa, CA 95403.
- Pacific Union has also set up a Wine Country Fund PayPal account.
- GoFundMe has set up a direct impact fund. Anyone can make tax-deductible donations to directly support individuals with verified campaigns on their platform.
- A Recovers account has been set up where anyone can locate resources, send supplies or sign up to volunteer their time directly.
- The Napa Valley Community Foundation is accepting donations which will be distributed to those in need.
As our Northern California family takes on the difficult days ahead, we will continue to keep you updated on fundraising progress, as well as the health and safety of our Wine Country team.